Prepare for exams and future essays with the questions below that align with key concepts discussed in the chapter. Try timing yourself as you write to practise in a mock exam environment. Create mindmaps of key themes, quotes and arguments you could include in an answer to use as a revision tool.
- Critically evaluate the contribution of the different theoretical perspectives to an understanding of the media representation of criminality
- Assess the significance of the concept of moral panics in relation to an understanding of the media and crime
- To what extent have recent developments in media technology affected the relationship between the media and crime?
- In what ways does the media representation of crime reflect the differing social characteristics of criminals?
- How have the different parts of the Criminal Justice System been represented by the media?