Prepare for exams and future essays with the questions below that align with key concepts discussed in the chapter. Try timing yourself as you write to practise in a mock exam environment. Create mindmaps of key themes, quotes and arguments you could include in an answer to use as a revision tool.
- Is a close working relationship between the CPS and the police conducive to the smooth running of the Criminal Justice System, or does it highlight a lack of independence in the process?
- What special measures are currently available to assist vulnerable and intimidated witnesses participating in the criminal justice process, and are they sufficient?
- What checks are currently in place on the powers of the CPS, and do they sufficiently hold the CPS to account?
- Discuss the system in place to make offenders accountable for offences against specific minorities of society
- What specific procedures are in place regarding the prosecution of young offenders? Are they justified?