Reflect on your understanding by working through these review questions.
- Why is it important to ensure good concept-indicator links when designing structured questionnaires and interviews?
- How would you organise a pilot study of a questionnaire under development and what how you expect it to help you?
- How would you go about measuring attitudes?
- Describe the main types of question used on structured interview schedules and self-completion questionnaires.
- Explain the differences between nominal, ordinal, interval and ratio scales or variables.
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of the use of structured observation instruments such as the RIAS of the FIAC?
- What considerations should you bear in mind when designing your own structured observation instrument?