Reflect on your understanding by working through these review questions.
- What is a qualitative interview, how does it differ from other kinds of interview, and what different approaches to carrying out qualitative interviews exist?
- What kinds of research study are qualitative interviews best suited for?
- What does it mean to say that an interview is treated as a topic rather than a resource at the analysis stage?
- What kinds of ethical issues may arise in doing qualitative interviews?
- What consideration arise when deciding who to interview, where to interview, what to ask and how to record qualitative interviews?