Reflect on your understanding by working through these review questions.
- Describe some key differences between positivism and Interpretivism.
- How can science be demarcated / differentiated from non-science?
- What is the hypothetico-deductive method and how does it differ from induction?
- What are the problems which falsificationism purports to address? Does it tackle them satisfactorily?
- Can a science of society be objective? Should it be?
- What are the arguments for and against the view that social research should controlled and directed by research participants?