Reflect on your understanding by working through these review questions.
- What information does a contingency table provide?
- What is statistical inference?
- What is a chi-squared test used for?
- What do p-values and confidence intervals tell you?
- What is the difference between correlation and association?
- What kind of variable are t-tests suited to and what does a t-test tell you?
- What is the difference between a test of association and a test of significance?
- Describe the purpose of a scattergram and the kinds of relationship it can illustrate.