Reflect on your understanding by working through these review questions.
- Where should you search for literature when planning a social research project?
- How can you tell whether something is worth reading in detail?
- What are the key issues in assessing the quality of online sources in literature reviews?
- What principles should you bear in mind when taking notes from reading?
- How do you know when to stop reading for a literature review?
- Where should a literature review be placed in a research report?
- Describe the purpose and some of the procedures used in carrying out systematic reviews. How do these reviews differ from conventional (non-systematic) reviews?