Reflect on your understanding by working through these review questions.
- Describe different types of moving and still images and explain how they can be used for research purposes.
- What are the key characteristics of (a) psychoanalytic theory, (b) content analysis and (c) semiotics when used to analyse visual images?
- How can visual images be analysed using discourse analysis?
- How would you collect material relevant to a research study using photo-elicitation?
- What are the different ways in which (a) a researcher and (b) other participants in a research project can make visual images for a research investigation?
- What ethical issues are specific to visual research?