Reflect on your understanding by working through these review questions.
- What are the differences between empirical and theoretical dissertations?
- What are the differences between dissertations based on secondary sources and secondary analysis?
- Describe the steps involved in developing a research problem.
- What ethical and practical issues are relevant in:
- a study of an online discussion group?
- a study involving interviews with family and friends?
- a study involving direct observation of children?
- How does citation and referencing guard against plagiarism?