Reflect on your understanding by working through these review questions.
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of (a) manual content analysis and (b) keyword analysis?
- What is the kappa statistic used for?
- Which of the principles of content analysis can be applied to the analysis of visual images?
- How can word counts assist in doing a content analysis?
- What are keywords and how are they identified?
- What techniques allow the content and keyword analyst to investigate the meaning of words in their context?
- What are the pros and cons of pre-defined dictionaries as against user-defined dictionaries when doing computer-assisted analysis of text?