Reflect on your understanding by working through these review questions.
- What is theoretical sampling and how might it be used in a research study?
- How should grounded theory researchers decide when to stop collecting and analysing data?
- Give an example from the chapter that involves constant comparison. What are the stages of constant comparison and how does the example illustrate these?
- What types of coding are proposed by Glaser and Strauss?
- What criticisms of grounded theory as a method have been made?