Reflect on your understanding by working through these review questions.
- How can reflexivity by writers help readers of research reports?
- How does scientific or quantitative research reporting differ from qualitative research reporting? In what ways are they similar?
- Why might it be important to separate the reporting of data from its interpretation? Why might it be important not to separate them?
- What are the key components and characteristics of the following things: an abstract, an executive summary, an introductory section, a methods section, a results section, a concluding section?
- What are appendices and acknowledgements for?
- How can plagiarism be avoided?